Over the past year and going into 2021, golf has had a series of events canceled, moved, or postponed due to COVID-19, so it’s exciting to hear that the 2021 Korn Ferry Tour schedule has officially been announced! As mentioned earlier in the year, the 2020 and 2021 seasons have been combined into one, with the top 25 players in points at the end of the 2021 portion of the regular season earning PGA Tour status. The combined schedule will feature 23 tournaments to be played in 2021, with the season completing at the Korn Ferry Tour Finals in August. The one-time combined season will include a total of 46 events.
“Korn Ferry Tour graduates are prepared to compete with the world’s best on the PGA TOUR from day one as we’ve seen with our last two PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year honorees in Sungjae Im and Scottie Scheffler,” said PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan. “With a supersized 2020-21 schedule that bridges two years, we’re extremely confident the Korn Ferry Tour will once again deliver an exceptional class of graduates to the PGA TOUR in the upcoming year.”
Due to the dual season and cancellations made over the last year, several major tournaments and championships have changed, added, or canceled altogether. The WinCo Foods Portland Open, which for the past few years was the conclusion of the regular season will now be replaced by the Pinnacle Bank Championship in Nebraska. Two new events will be added to the schedule: the Emerald Coast Classic will be at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort’s Raven Golf Club, March 29-April 4, and the Paiute Las Vegas Championship will be played April 12-18 at the Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort’s Sun Mountain Course. All overseas events will be canceled, and the schedule will be held entirely in the U.S. this year.
“The season-long race for 25 PGA TOUR cards is at the foundation of the Korn Ferry Tour, and we are excited to bring that incredible atmosphere to the passionate golf fans in Omaha,” said Korn Ferry Tour President Alex Baldwin. “The Pinnacle Bank Championship presented by Aetna has been one of our Tour’s premier events over the last four years, and we are looking forward to continuing that tradition leading into 2021 and beyond.”
2021 Korn Ferry Tour schedule
- Feb. 18-21: Lecom Suncoast Classic, Lakewood National Golf Club, Lakewood Ranch, Fla.
- March 18-21: Chitimacha Louisiana Open, Le Triomphe Golf and Country Club, Broussard, La.
- March 25-28: Savannah Golf Championship, The Landings Club – Deer Creek Course, Savannah, Ga.
- April 1-4: Emerald Coast Classic, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort (Raven Golf Club), Sandestin, Fla.
- April 15-18: Paiute Las Vegas Championship, Paiute Golf Resort (Sun Mountain Course), Las Vegas, Nev.
- April 22-25: Veritex Bank Championship, Texas Rangers Golf Club, Arlington, Texas
- April 29 – May 2: Huntsville Championship, The Ledges Golf Club, Huntsville, Ala.
- May 6-9: Simmons Bank Open, Nashville Golf & Athletic Club, Brentwood, Tenn.
- May 13-16: Visit Knoxville Open, Holston Hills Country Club, Knoxville, Tenn.
- May 20-23: KC Golf Classic, Blue Hills Country Club, Kansas City, Mis.
- May 27-30: Evans Scholars Invitational, The Glen Club, Glenview, Ill.
- June 3-6: Rex Hospital Open, The Country Club at Wakefield Plantation, Raleigh, N.C.
- June 10-13: BMW Charity Pro Am, Thornblade Club (Host Course), Greenville, S.C.
- June 17-20: Wichita Open, Crestview Country Club, Wichita, Kan.
- June 24-27: Live and Work in Maine Open, Falmouth Country Club, Falmouth, Maine
- July 8-11: TPC Colorado Championship, TPC Colorado, Berthoud, Colo.
- June 15-18: Lincoln Land Charity Championship, Panther Creek Country Club, Springfield, Ill.
- July 22-25: Price Cutter Charity Championship, Highland Springs Country Club, Springfield, Mo.
- Aug. 5-8: Utah Championship pres. by Zions Bank, Oakridge Country Club, Farmington, Utah
- Aug. 13-15: Pinnacle Bank Championship, The Club at Indian Creek, Omaha, Neb.
Korn Ferry Tour Finals
- Aug. 19-22: Albertsons Boise Open, Hillcrest Country Club, Boise, Idaho
- Aug. 26-29: Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship, Ohio State University Golf Club (Scarlet Course), Columbus, Ohio
- Sept. 2-5: Korn Ferry Tour Championship, Victoria National Golf Club, Newburgh, Ind.
Image Source: News AKMI