- We automate things, but at the end of the day, pretty much all data you see on Status Life is akin to going to your public profile on a social media site and writing down your follower count/etc. We don't store, show or share private information unless explicitly stated and requested and permission is granted. Furthermore, we feel our job is a bit like a journalist. We want to be a trusted source of information and that means not accepting requests to remove or change information we have listed unless there is something inaccurate with it. The world comes to us to see transparent follower/etc numbers to see if there is any "fishy business" going on. If we remove this data when requested it ruins our credibility. As the data we are displaying is public data anyone could have gotten from visiting your profile anyway we don't feel like this should raise any privacy concerns.
- We provide our services for the most part free of charge. Servers cost money though as well as the team to program them. For this reason we monetize the site via ads. If you don't like them we do offer a paid subscription to remove them.
- Status Life is a respected site that brands and companies use on a daily basis so we do have services for them to help them find users who they may be interested in working with. We may in the future develop a way on site to allow them to communicate with you directly if you are interested (i.e. opt in to brand deal/etc communication), but for now we simply provide them a list of names and statistics. Even if we have your email address or personal information we never share this, only public information.
- You come to Status Life for analytics. Analytics also helps us know how many people are using the site, which parts of the site you use the most often, etc. It helps us build out things you're interested in and not focus on things you're not. Google Analytics and other analytics tools we may use from time to time also aren't evil. Without things like this we wouldn't know how to help you!
- Lastly just a word about passwords. If you create an account on Status Life you need to create a password. This password encrypted in our database in a way that no one can see what it is, not even us. That said we recommend you don't use the same password you use on other sites. Also, if you authenticate your account from a third party with us we never store nor even have access to your password on third party services.
Status Life may change any of the terms and conditions in this Policy at any time for any reason. A notice of material change will be posted on Status Life’s website, and you are responsible for reviewing the changes. If you do not agree with them, do not continue to use Status Life’s website, uninstall our apps, and refrain from using our data.
By visiting our Site and/or using any of our Services, you agree to have your personal information handled as per this Policy. Status Life collects information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site and/or Services.
You may use our site without registering for our Services, which would not provide us with any direct information. When registering for our Services, you must provide a valid email address, and in some cases, Skype username. You may also provide additional information such as YouTube channel, Twitch channel, and Instagram account.
Information gathered from third parties includes data and statistics from YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, Daily Motion, and Instagram. This data is PUBLIC INFORMATION. If you do not want to have this information shared on Status Life, you will have to adjust your privacy settings on YouTube, Twitch, Mixer, Daily Motion and/or Instagram. Status Life WILL NOT REMOVE PUBLIC INFORMATION FROM IT’S WEBSITE WITHOUT A LEGALLY BINDING ORDER TO DO SO.
Status Life uses technology to collect information about your use of our Site and Services through cookies and third party tracking technologies. These include your domain name, your device ID, your operating system, your browser type, web pages you view on our website, links you click, your IP address, the length of time you use our Site and/or use our Services, and the referring URL that led you to our Site.
To provide Services to you; to communicate with you; and to respond to your questions/support tickets. To understand how users use our Site and Services.
We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. We may disclose the information we collect from you to comply with the law, a court order, or other legal process.
We may share aggregate information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Status Life uses session cookies for users who have logged into our Services. These cookies only serve to maintain your logged-in status, and are not tracked beyond the use of our website, and expire after 24 hours of logging out.
You are welcome to post content on our Discord Chat, or other Services. If you post content, all the information posted and the username you identify yourself with will be available to the Public. Status Life cannot prevent your posting from being used in a manner that would violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Status Life’s Site includes links to third-party websites. Access to and use of linked websites is governed by those third-party websites’ privacy policies. Status Life is not responsible for their information practices.
In order to keep statistical data updated, Status Life utilizes API services of third parties including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Twitter, Daily Motion, Mixer and YouTube. Unless specific access is asked for at time of use (i.e. to validate your identity), we are only gathering publicly available data from each of the API services, not anything private about your account.
If you have questions about either our Agreement or Policy, or would like to make a complaint, please file a support ticket.
This Document is Effective as of March 20th, 2013. Last Updated: May 15, 2018.