The new 2021 Lexus LC 500 Inspiration Series, the fifth on the LC platform, takes the 471-horsepower naturally aspirated V8 grand-touring coupe to the next level with an aviation-inspired design that will land in dealerships later this winter.
- Lexus has not yet announced pricing for the new LC 500 Inspiration Series, limited to 100 examples, but it is expected to be priced similarly to the 2020 Inspiration Series, which cost $104,105 (about $10,000 above the base LC 500).
- Upgrades to the 2021 Inspiration Series include a carbon-fiber rear spoiler inspired by air racing; carbon-fiber roof; 21-inch black forged wheels; performance enhanced with limited-slip differential, rear performance rod with damper; and black Alcantara-trimmed sport seats with Saddle Tan accents and seat belts.
- The new LC 500 Inspiration Series takes design cues from a partnership between air race pilot Yoshihide Muroya (winner of the 2017 Red Bull Air Race World Championships) and Lexus engineers, some of whom built the Lexus LFA supercar.
- That collaboration resulted in various aviation-inspired aerodynamic enhancements, including a carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP) spoiler modeled after an inverted aircraft wing with vortices that improve maneuverability and efficiency at the wingtips.
- Lexus is offering the 2021 LC 500 Inspiration Series in one exterior color: dark Obsidian.